It is an exciting time when you make the decision to undergo breast augmentation. You are taking steps to improve your appearance, boost your self-confidence, and feel better about yourself. But before you go through with the procedure, you need to make sure to pick a qualified surgeon who has the experience and expertise to perform the surgery successfully. Vinings Surgery Center, led by board certified plastic surgeon Dr. Robert Colgrove, provides breast augmentation to patients in Atlanta, Marietta, Georgia, and surrounding locations.
Breast AugmentationBreast augmentation is a surgical procedure that involves inserting implants into the breast tissue to increase breast size, improve symmetry, and/or enhance fullness. The implants are usually made of silicone gel or saline and come in different shapes, sizes, and textures. Saline implants are filled with a sterile saline solution, while silicone implants are pre-filled with a silicone gel. The surgery is typically performed on an outpatient basis and takes about two hours to complete.
How to Pick My Breast Augmentation SurgeonWhen it comes to selecting a breast augmentation surgeon, it is important to do your research and choose one who is qualified and experienced in the procedure. Here are some tips to help you pick your breast augmentation surgeon:
- Check the surgeon’s credentials and experience. Make sure they are board certified and have experience performing breast augmentation.
- Read online reviews from past patients. This will give you a better idea of their level of care.
- Ask for referrals from friends or family who have had breast augmentation.
- Schedule a consultation with the surgeon so you can ask questions and get to know them better.
- Make sure the surgeon is willing to discuss all of your options and answer any questions you may have.
- Ask to see before and after photos of the surgeon’s previous patients. This will help you get an idea of their work.
- Make sure the surgeon is a member of a professional organization such as the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) or the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS).