Brachioplasty (Arm Lift) Surgery
Thousands of individuals every year get arm lift plastic surgery with successful results. It is vital that you prepare thoroughly as per surgeon instructions to get predictable and safe results as well as a speedy recovery. Vinings Surgery Center, led by board certified plastic surgeon Dr. Robert Colgrove, provides brachioplasty (arm lift) surgery to patients in Atlanta, Marietta, Georgia, and surrounding locations.
Preparing in Advance
Your surgeon will provide you with in-depth guidelines during the initial consultation about preparing for the brachioplasty procedure. These are a few aspects that would be covered in the detailed discussion:
- The surgeon will ask you to avoid smoking for a few weeks before the procedure for reducing the risk of complications
- You would be asked to not use certain anti-inflammatory drugs, aspirin, herbal supplements, and vitamins. This may increase the risk of bleeding.
- Drink water sufficiently before and after the cosmetic surgery procedure.
- Follow body weight benchmarks and lifestyle changes recommended by the surgeon for improving the probability of a successful outcome.
- Generally, upper arm brachioplasty is undertaken as an outpatient procedure. You should arrange for someone to drive you home and stay overnight once the surgical procedure is over.
Preparing for Recovery
These are a few preparations that should be completed before the procedure for easy and quick recovery:
- You would need to keep your arms raised for reducing inflammation and enhancing comfort so arrange for several pillows beforehand.
- Stock the fridge with vegetables and fruits and prepare frozen meals before. Your diet should contain lean proteins and food that is low on sodium for quick and better healing.
- Arrange for front-open clothing that doesn’t need to be pulled overhead and slip-on shoes.
- Apply for a week’s leave from the workplace. You may need two weeks if your job involves high physical activity.
- You should complete all pressing office and household related tasks before the procedure for a relaxed and comfortable recovery phase. You would not be allowed to perform aggressive activities or lift heavy weights following the plastic surgery.
Preparing on the Surgery Day
- You should wear comfortable and loose-fitting clothes with tops that are front-open and made of soft material. Sweat pants are preferable.
- Take medications prescribed by the surgeon for relieving anxiety
- Remove all piercings, accessories, jewelry, and watch
Other Preparatory Actions
- You should learn to measure fluid daily and empty the drain if the surgeon places temporary drain pipes under the skin at the treated site.
- Your arms would likely be wrapped from the armpit to the wrist in bandages as well as compression garments. You should not remove these unless the surgeon permits you to. The compression garments should remain in place for at least 72 hours.
- Keep up with all your post-operative follow up appointments.
Additional assistance may be required by some patients for a few days after the brachioplasty procedure. You may want to arrange for someone to help take care of you and household chores. Cosmetic surgeon Dr. Robert Colgrove receives patients from Atlanta, Marietta, Georgia, and nearby areas for brachioplasty (arm lift) surgery.
Contact Atlanta Plastic Surgeon Dr. Colgrove to Schedule a Consultation
For more information about treatments and procedures by Board Certified Atlanta Plastic Surgeon, Robert A. Colgrove, Jr., M.D.
at Vinings Surgery Center please visit us at www.colgrove.com
Vinings Surgery Center
is taking patients from Greater Atlanta Georgia, Buckhead, Marietta, Roswell, Dunwoody and surrounding areas.
View Cosmetic Procedure & Treatments Average Price List