Just because you have to go everywhere bundled up this time of year doesn’t mean your skin should be neglected. In fact, it’s especially important to pay attention to your skin’s needs when the temperatures plummet. Here are a 10 skincare secrets from our resident expert Roseanne Warchola, medical esthetician at Vinings Surgery Center, to keep your skin healthy and happy all winter long.
- Do not overexpose your skin to UV rays. Even in the wintertime, it’s important to protect your skin from the sun. Use sunscreen when going outside for longer than 30 minutes.
- Stay hydrated with plenty of water throughout the day. You may not be perspiring, but winter dryness can rob your skin of the moisture it needs to stay beautiful and healthy.
- Avoid smoking.
- Cleanse your skin thoroughly both morning and night.
- Moisturize your skin well both morning and night.
- Exfoliate two to three times a week.
- Use products with antioxidants and peptides.
- Eat a diet rich in fruits, nuts and vegetables.
- Exercise at least 30 minutes daily.
- Get professional facials every three months.
This month’s great skincare specials will help you boost your cold-weather beauty regimen!
The Skin Master Rejuvenation System is the ultimate skin care treatment. It combines ultrasonic technology for deep cleaning and product penetration along with electro micro-current to tone and firm the skin by stimulating collagen production.
$75 (reg. $125)
Add glycolic peel $25 (reg. $50)
ReFirme Skin Tightening
Effective treatment for jowl and neck laxity, sagging under the eyes, saggy brow lines and nasolabial creases using radio frequency and infrared light energies to precisely heat the dermal tissue within the targeted treatment area.
$200 (reg. $300)
Offers expire 1/31/2014.
Call 770-955-9000 to make an appointment for your complimentary consultation!